Monday, September 5, 2016

Letter from the Student Teacher



Dear Families,
Hi, my name is Nathaniel Haas and I will be working as a student teacher until mid-December in your child's classroom. I am working towards a degree in Middle Childhood Education with a license in Math and Science. This is the final part of my training as a teacher. I have also had many other in class experiences with 4th, 5th and 6th graders, as well as working over the summer at a childcare center for grades 1st through 4th. I'm looking forward to this unique learning opportunity in your child's classroom.


I'm originally from Wadsworth, Ohio, but have been attending Bluffton University for four years. Outside of my educational experiences at Bluffton, I have volunteered my time working with Big Brother, Big Sister programs and America Counts. Outside of working with students some of my interests include hiking, theatre, playing the Tuba, and cooking. My goal upon graduating is to obtain a teaching position back in Ohio in an urban city public school.

I am very excited for the opportunity to work here at Ray Elementary School with an amazing 7th/8th grade teacher staff. I will be working with Mr. Albrecht in the Math classroom and later in the semester with Mrs. O'Connor in the Science classroom. As the semester goes on, I will gradually increase my responsibilities with the students and lead several weeks with my own lesson plans. Mr. Albrecht and I will be using the Co-Teaching model in the classroom which will allow for both of us to be active with the class everyday this semester. I am very excited to be working with your children this year! Please do not hesitate to stop in or email me if you have time as I would welcome the opportunity to get to know you along with your child.
Sincerely,
Nathaniel Haas
nate.hass@chicagocenter.org 
*Notice: This is the correct email despite the spelling differences in my name.