Monday, February 4, 2019

Welcome Ms. Hottel!

Kay Hottel, Student Teacher
University of Chicago
Urban Teacher Education Program


February 2019


To all 7th and 8th grade families,

 Hi, my name is Kay Hottel. I am writing with much enthusiasm to inform you that I will be co-teaching with Mr. Albrecht. I am currently a graduate student in the University of Chicago’s Urban Teacher Education
Program. I am working toward a certification in K-8 education, with endorsements in Middle School Math and Social Science. Upon graduating from this program, I will become a teacher in Chicago Public Schools.
I’m originally from Kansas City, Missouri but have been in Chicago over the past eight years working and studying. I have worked in Math classrooms at the Middle and High School levels for the past three years. I spent last semester co-teaching 8th grade Math and Algebra in Edgewater. Outside of working with children, some of my interests include baking desserts and playing with my dog.
I will be working with the students in your child's class in various capacities both with small and whole group settings. I will gradually increase my responsibilities with the students over the course of the semester and lead classroom instruction for three weeks. I'm excited to work with your child this semester. Please do not hesitate to email me or stop by the classroom if you have time as I would welcome the opportunity to get to know you along with your child.

Sincerely,

Kay Hottel